Sunday 8 May 2016

Evaluation


From researching all these eras, I have learnt a lot about them individually which has helped me to put them into practise. I have learnt what colours they used, what resources they had to create their look, and how they changed. I believe from my first periodic makeup application to my final look after researching them all that you can clearly see how the research has affected my thought process. At first I copied the 1920’s look and done exactly what I saw from Daisy in the Great Gatsby, but when it came to my 1970’s photoshoot, I took all the research on board and designed a look that I thought would fit in with the 70’s and didn’t try to recreate an exact look.

 



1920s- Daisy Great Gatsby


 This is my 1920’s look that I did in October, before looking into and researching the era. I tried to recreate Daisy from Great Gatsby by using the colours and methods that was used to create her look. I feel like my makeup application looked well and it is clear to define the era, however there was no thought or creative measures that went into recreating this look from me.

 

However, when it came to April and I had a photoshoot for an era, I believe my creative and unique side was visible as I didn’t just try to copy a look, I designed my own. Once I began looking into every era, it was much easier to be creative with applications because I understood what was going on at the time, what resources they had to create their looks, who was an icon then etc. Celebrities where a big influence on people and especially when it came to makeup. Everybody wanted to look like somebody, so celebrities makeups started to become trends. E.g. Marylin Monroe.

 

I feel like this project has helped me to understand where certain looks brew from and why they are so popular. It has also taught me how even when there were no clinical makeup products, people would use whatever they could to make themselves beautiful.

 

I believe that through looking at the eras and researching each, I have a clearer understanding and can automatically tell if a makeup design has taken an influence from a certain period. I also feel like I can now be creative with an era look, e.g. not copy a look but be creative and design one myself as I now feel confident enough to do that.

 

My 1970’s photo shoot look was my own design, using elements from my research so I could fit in with the era e.g. the colour choices. I used gold and pink for the eyes because it relevant to the era, and was colours that people back then would have used.  I looked at old magazines, TV shows and images to try and come up with a design that I thought would be relevant to this era, and one that was clear to set it apart from other eras. I didn't want a bold look, so to do this was very tricky, but I believe I had overcome it and it was successful.


I was very happy and proud of this look because I think it shows how far I have come over the year and how much I have progressed and now have the confidence to create my own look.
 
1970s design
 

No comments:

Post a Comment